Friday, January 30, 2015

Playing Catch Up. September 2013

"Random man came up to us at Starbucks and told me that he loved how Darby and I were interacting. He said I should be proud of myself, and you know what? I AM! Because, God gave me a special, high energy, testy, intelligent and persistent little Pixie, and I have kept her ALIVE!"

This was a F-book post from September 2013. My goal in life, up to that point, was to keep The Pixie alive until she was four. Four? I don't know why. I think it was because that's the age that big brother, "The Red Flash" started to calm down, and as redheads never truly "calm down," but rather learn to harness the power, I felt that if I could just keep her alive until age four, I could THEN begin training. Training for what? Well, apparently, the Olympics, for starters...more on that later. But also, training her to be self controlled, respectful, a reigning in of sorts. And, for mothers of redheads, hearing a little bit of encouragement goes a LONG way. 
A LONG way, I tell ya. 
A. 
LONG.
WAY.

All of the sudden, I realized that her fourth birthday was two short months away. I had ALMOST made it! But what next? Do I change the goal to age 10? 18? 21? To marriage? Do I start praying a redhead into her arms in a spiteful attempt to get back at her?

NOPE. 

Just carry on, Mamma. No new goals. Just carry on.


No comments:

Post a Comment