Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Pixie Doesn't Sleep, She Smolders!

I could go on and on.  Everyone has a story.  I was talking with my friend, Carol, after Bible Study one morning, and we were admiring The Pixie's hair.  Some days, and if you have ever parented a redhead, you know...some days, their hair is just on FIRE.  You know those days will not end well for you.  I was trying to explain this to my friend who has three non redheads of her own, but they will never fully understand.  How COULD they?

"We were talking about Darby with her flaming red hair. I was talking about how I LOVE seeing redheads in the sunlight because it literally looks like their hair is ablaze! We made a little joke about how every morning, Darby gets up on fire, and it doesn't go out until she goes to sleep at night. At this point, my friend goes, 'Darby doesn't sleep...she smolders!' So true. So true" 

Recently, I overheard her proclaim, "I'M GOING TO SET THE WORLD ON FIRE!"  Now, there IS a song with those particular lyrics, but I haven't heard that song in years.  I'm pretty sure she came up with this concept inside her own, fiery head!  I sure hope she does not carry out this idea.  

Come to think of it, I need to go hide the matches...

No comments:

Post a Comment